Friday, March 25, 2016

Vintage Finds

I love thrift store and garage sale shopping!  You just never know what you are going to find.   I love to find vintage items that can be repurposed or reused and I love to find vintage items that I can sell to make a little profit.  I've been selling a few items on Ebay for a while and I'm seriously considering renting booth space at an antique mall in addition to what I already do.  So my eyes are peeled for just the right items that I think will go well in an antique booth.

I have my favorite thrift stores around town, which I try to go to fairly often, but I recently went to a tiny garage sale near my home and when we drove by I thought, this isn't even worth getting out of the car, but we did ... and man was I glad!  I found several things and paid a total of $3.00 for everything.

First, I found a stand up metal puzzle from New York that is worth about $35 new, and it was only $1.00.  I ended up selling it on ebay last week for just under $20.00.

I also found a Pyrex divided dish that is probably worth about $15 and I only paid a quarter for it.  I think this will be a good addition to my future antique booth.

Another item that that cost me just a quarter, was this Thomas Kinkade hanging plate from The Bradford Exchange.  I just thought it was pretty.  We'll see if it sells.

I found an unopened Spanish edition of Scrabble there also and it cost me .... you guessed it .... 25 cents!  These are selling on Ebay for about $15.

My last quarter item was this old metal sign with the alphabet punched into the tin.  I thought it had character and would look good in my antique booth.


The last thing I picked up at this yard sale was a brown paper shopping bag full of fabric scraps.  I just peered in briefly and saw a couple of, what appeared to be, vintage fabric swatches.  It had a price tag of $1 for the entire bag.  I snatched it up quick and went to pay.  When I got home, I couldn't wait to dig into this bag and get a better look at what was inside!  I was shocked to find 6 different vintage flour sacks, one of them was still made into a sack.   They all had the stitching holes around the edges and the fabric was in very good shape.  I just love the look of these.   I listed these all on Ebay and so far I've sold two of them.

Searching for old things and selling some of them is just a hobby for me.  In all honesty, I love to shop for things, and selling some of them on Ebay, helps finance my habit!  I love searching for vintage finds!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...