Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Trying Something New - Mexican Chicken

I always like to try new recipes or ideas for meals.  Yesterday I saw a post about a recipe but before I could click on it, the post had disappeared and I was not able to find it.  So I thought to myself, it's not that hard, I think I can do it ... so I did.  I'm not sure if what I made was exactly like that recipe post, but even if it wasn't, all my boys liked it!

I think I'll call it Mexican Chicken.  I just put some chicken breasts into a glass baking dish.  Then opened up a packet of taco seasoning and sprinkled it on top of them, and turned them to coat all sides.  Then I put spoonfuls of picante sauce over each chicken breast.  I put it in the oven at 375 degrees and baked for about 45 to 50 minutes (until the chicken was completely done).  Then I topped each breast with a little cheddar cheese and baked about 5 minutes more.

This dish turned out really tasty!  I served it with baked potatoes and a salad, and I will definitely be making this again.  Because you know ANYTHING with cheese is good!


 

1 comment:

  1. This chicken looks delicious!!! And easy, too. Thanks for sharing. By the way, Tori sent me over here. What a nice blog! I will be back to visit again!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...